- The Complete and Authoritative Guide to ADHD by American Academy of Pediatrics, www.aap.org . It's all there, diagnosis, treatments, strategies that help.
- Attention Deficit Disorder: The Unfocused Mind in Children and Adults by Thomas Brown PhD. Learn how incredibly complex the brain is and how ADD impacts Executive Functions. Top Notch resource !
- Attention Difference Disorder by Kenny Handleman MD
- 7 Ways to help your ADD Child
Women and ADD:
- Understanding Women With ADD by Kathleen Nadeau PhD and Patricia Quinn MD. Every woman with AD/HD should have this book.
- Understanding Girls with ADD by Kathleen Nadeau PhD. Ditto
- Girls Guide to ADHD by Beth Walker. written in the style of a young girl talking to the reader about ADHD and how it works.
- The Down and Dirty Guide to Adult ADHD (2nd Ed) by M. Godeon and D. McClure. No jargon, just common sense and practical advice with some skepticism thrown in .
- Is It You, Me, or Adult ADHD? by Gail Pera. Relationships and ADHD.
- Married to Distraction by E. Hallowell and J Ratey. the title says it all. helpful perspectives for ADD and non-ADD spouses.
Teens and ADD:
- Birds Eye View of ADD by Alex Dendy. ADD through a teen's eyes, interviews with friends with and without ADD. For teens to read.
- Teenagers With ADD: A Parents' Guide by Chris Zeigler Dendy, MS The title says it all. How to tell the difference between "teen" and ADD. A positive approach to helping your teen develop his/her strengths.
- Video and book for dealing with Teens, ADHD or not. Surviving Your Adolescents: How to Manage and Let Go of Your 13-18 year olds by Thomas Phelan PhD. author of 1,2,3 Magic for use with little people, this is a sequel for when those little people grow bigger !
Education and ADD:
- ADD Book of Lists by Sondra Rief. Written by an educator for parents and teachers, lists of strategies for all kinds of issues which challenge kids with ADD - organization, homework, reading, writing, math, etc.
- How to Reach and Teach the Child With ADD also by Sondra Rief. This one is for teachers and school counselors. Excellent resource, should be in every school as a resource.
- Teaching Teens with ADD and ADHD by Chris Zeigler Dendy MS. A resource for teachers and parents.
- help4adhd@highschool and help4adhd@college by Kathleen Nadeau, PhD. Great resource for tips and strategies for teens. Written by a psychologist who also has ADD, she "gets it". The books are not straight text, but a mix of bullet points and highlighted text boxes. Very ADD friendly !
- 504 and IEP Plans (approximate title) by Larry Davis
- Local Seattle-area advocate for school accommodation plans, he explains how the system works so parents can be prepared for meetings with school staff on 504 and IEP plans.